In 2018, I decided to take a backpacking trip from North to South America after hosting some backpackers. Listening to their wild travel stories made me want to live like them. So I did.
While on my trip, I started writing as a form of journaling for my friends & family. I also wrote quick tips for my country to help new travelers. These eventually transformed into detailed travel guides.
Regardless of what I write, I try to stay as objective as humanly possible.
Some themes I focus on
- non-touristy travel guides
- sustainable & ethical recommendations
- how to travel on a plant-based diet
- practical & eco-friendly travel tips
My travels taught me to be conscious of my consumption habits. Besides being plant-based to be kinder to the world, I do the same in the digital world.
That means I thought about this website's CO2 emissions before building it.
Steps to lower carbon footprint
- meticulously optimizing images on the site
- built the site on static HTML instead of wordpress
- heavy focus on user experience and design
To prove I'm not lying, check out the website carbon footprint for this website.
Sadly, many blogs are just carbon copy templates riddled with ads, questionable sponsors, and affiliate links to things you don't need to buy. Feeding the unethical & privacy-invasive advertising industry doesn't align with my values.
My approach to monetizing this blog relies on your kind support to stay ad-free at the moment.
How this site maintains your privacy
- does not track you nor collect your cookies
- does not use google analytics
- does not use facebook scripts
- uses privacy-friendly, open source analytics
This site is proudly ad-free which means bias-free opinions & suggestions. Your kind support helps keep it running.