On this page
This week I'm deciding if I'll continue my route to Brazil or buy a flight back to my country. It's strange saying this, but I feel like both are almost identical in their pros and cons list so by the end of this short post, I think I will have figured out the answer.
To be completely honest, I already thought I had my mind decided, but recently I saw a video of my family and realized they are exactly the same as they were when I left. I love them very much, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to throw myself in an old environment yet. I'll eventually go live on my own again so that would be temporary as well.
So let's look at the magic table that decides what my next move is... 😅
- Get to explore the Amazonas and enjoy a five-day boat ride across a beautiful river jungle
- Learn the Portuguese language much faster than learning online
- Meet some of the friendliest people on this planet
- Also, meet some of the most attractive women on the planet lol
- The pandemic will reveal the best in humanity while traveling
- Couchsurfing will be difficult because of the pandemic
- Hitchhiking will also be difficult because of the fear of infection
- Forced to travel with no money since my budget will is almost non-existent
- The pandemic will reveal the worse in humanity while traveling
- Seek refuge from the pandemic for as long as it lasts
- No money needed since my parents will support me haha
- Time to share all my knowledge with my family and friends
- Free flight back home thanks to my mom. Ca-ching!
- Home base to learn solid skills like playing the guitar and cooking
- Time to reconnect with my parents and family
- Leaving South America means I have to pay to fly back and visit Brazil
- It also means I will cut my trip after 1.5 years instead of the two years planned
- No more traveling means I have to return to a life of daily routine perhaps
So that concludes the fancy decision table and sadly going back home seems to be the safe choice but the only thing is that I don't like making choices with fear being the main driver.
So what I'll do is just to take a very pragmatic approach to all this and incorporate going with the flow still. My strategy is to try to couchsurf for a couple of weeks within Peru and see if my hosts accept me easily and then move on to Brazil if I get favorable results.
I'll keep practicing my Portuguese in the meantime and see how the pandemic restrictions pan out. Até logo, see you later.
This site is proudly ad-free which means bias-free opinions & suggestions. Your kind support helps keep it running.